To the photographers, wedding planners, site coordinators, caterers & cake bakers out there – this week on Flirty Fleurs we have assembled a series of tips to help us strengthen our working relationships with you. We contacted numerous florists across the country and asked them for their input to create this collaborative post – we asked them to tell us what would they say to another vendor if given the chance.
This is what they have to say for photographers::
• We love to see detail shots of our work—we are so appreciative when we get to look through a gallery and pick out a few for our portfolio, blog or website!
• We have a tendency to recommend the photographers who provide us with great pictures of our work—they help us sell YOU too! We’re particularly partial to bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, centerpieces, ceremony flowers—any of our flowers, really.
• The best shots of bouquets, for us, are taken from above. Shooting bouquets from below often highlights their least photogenic sides!
• On the flip side, please don’t take and publish a detail shot of the boutonniere/corsage/bouquet/etc. if it’s crooked, flopped, broken or turned upside down. Please have your assistant/wedding planner/me fix it before the shot.
• We know your work doesn’t end at the end of the night and that you have a lot of editing to do. But sending these types of shots at your earliest convenience (instead of in your slowest months) means that (a) we don’t keep bugging you for them and (b) we can get great examples of your work and ours into our latest portfolio—meaning we can start selling you ASAP.
• Don’t do funny tricks of the camera with the colors of the wedding!
We invite equally useful feedback from photographers, what can we do to help you?